Bursaries for the 2020 academic year are now open to those permanent residents planning to study full-time at the level of bachelor degrees, national diplomas, certificates, specialised and accredited learning programmes from recognised and accredited higher and further education and training institutions.
- If you are already a bursary holder, you need not re-apply. Bursaries are reviewed each year, based on the student’s academic performance
- Preference is given to those intending to study at a public institution of higher learning.
- Grade 12/recent exam results are needed.
- Successful candidates must enter into a bursary agreement with the City.
If you meet the minimum eligibility requirements, you can apply in the following fields in which the City is offering bursaries to students with a good academic track record:
- SCIENCE, AVIATION, ENGINEERING AND BUILT ENVIRONMENT: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, water & Sanitation, Electrical, Mechanical & Industrial Engineering, Aviation, Transport Planning Engineering, Construction Studies, Mining Engineering, Town & Urban Planning, Agricultural Science, Human Settlement Development
- INFORMATION COMMUNICATION AND TECHNOLOGY: Information Systems, Computer Science
- LAW: Law studies, LLB
- BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES:BCom Accounting, Business Science/Actuarial Science, Business Administration in Logistics and Supply Chain
- HEALTH AND MEDICAL SCIENCES: Medical Science, Social Science
- TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING: Electrical Infrastructure Construction, Engineering Design, Aircraft Maintenance, Carpentry, Industrial Welding and Industrial Machinery Mechanic
Attach the following documentation:
- A detailed monthly salary / wage slip must be attached if parents/parent are/is working.
- Certified copies of Identity Document, Municipal Services Statement Account, and academic statement or Certificate results), brochure of school or registration letter should also be attached.
- Attach certified copies of death certificates if parents are deceased
- Proof that parents/guardians are indigent or receiving SASSA Grant.
- Proof of Income for both parents
- Number of siblings studying in the same household
Return the application to local Youth Office of Economic Development Department Offices
Closing Date: 29 November 2019
Via: City of Ekurhuleni