Desired Experience and Qualification
- Matric (Grade 12) certificate
- Valid Professional Driving Permit (PRDP) for code 10
Skills and Experience
The candidate is required to:
- Have at least 5 years of experience as a code 10 driver
- Speak English and have good reading and writing skills
- Have an entry medical done and be declared fit for duty by the Company’s appointed Occupational Health Practitioner before commencement of contract
- Have a driving assessment done and be declared competent by the Company’s appointed training and assessment provider
- Have a criminal check done and be declared to have no record of criminal activity on the South African database.
- Candidate must have his/her own means of transportation to and from the place of duty.
Duties and Responsibilities
The position requires the candidate to be responsible for:
- Operate the Company’s 8-tonne truck to the specified delivery addresses, using designated and prescribed routes.
- Operate the Company vehicle in a safe and reliable manner, and in compliance with the National Road Traffic Act of South Africa and its accompanying Regulations, as well as the rules and policies of the Company.
- Observe the loading and offloading of the vehicle at the loading and offloading sites (to ensure there is no damage to cargo or vehicle).
- Perform daily safety checks and inspections of the truck.
- Maintain a clean cab.
- Report all vehicle defects to the Supervisor.
Salary and Benefits
- Basic salary is in line with the requirements of the minimum wage agreement of the National Bargaining Council for the Road Freight and Logistics Industry (NBCRFLI)
- Benefits will include being placed on the bargaining council’s provident fund, namely the RFLIPF, as well as the bargaining council’s Wellness Fund.