Reference Number: HSET6136
Position: Maintenance Supervisor (1 year fixed term contract)
Department: Human Settlement
Division: Community Services & Relationship Management
Salary: R177 036 per annum
Equity Requirements: In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, preference will be given to suitably qualified People with Disabilities, African Male, White Males and White Females, to give effect to the City’s Employment Equity Objectives
- Grade 12 or relevant equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification or experience within the specified fields
- 2 years’ experience in a similar environment
- A valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of local government structures and systems
- Time management skills
- Perform office administration and practical duties to maintain Council property in a habitable state and ensure efficient service delivery
- Control and implement maintenance work for rental accommodations and hostels to maintain Council property in a habitable state and ensure efficient service delivery
- Attend to all rental and hostel accommodation enquiries and complaints concerning maintenance
- Control personnel administration to ensure effective administration and high quality of work standard
- Implement operational governance and risk management processes in the context of organisational policy to ensure necessary compliance with necessary legislative requirements
- Implement the budget in respect of maintenance of rental stock and hostels to ensure responsiveness to responding to the public’s needs and ensure that the citizen or public are satisfied
- Provide effective customer service to the tenants and build relationships with the stakeholders to ensure responsiveness to responding to the tenants needs and ensure that the tenants are satisfied
- Build and sustain relationships with decision makers and interest groups in support of divisional objectives to ensure a performance driven section and achieve the division’s objective
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to apply using an online application form attached to the advertisement on the website of the City of Ekurhuleni (www.ekurhuleni.gov.za) or the intranet (for internal staff).
Enquiries: Tel: (011) 999 7789/7785/7845
Please attach CV to the online application once completed.
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right not to appoint.
Closing date: 2018/06/21