Reference Number: HSET6176
Position: Manager: Operations (1 year fixed term contract)
Department: Human Settlement
Division: Community Services & Relationship Management
Salary: R514 020 per annum
Equity Requirements: In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, preference will be given to suitably qualified People with Disabilities, African Male, African Female and White Males, to give effect to the City’s Employment Equity Objectives
- BA Degree in Built Environment or relevant equivalent NQF Level 7 qualification
- 5 years’ experience in a similar environment
- Develop, plan, implement and drive a functional operational strategy in response to the overall Departmental strategy to maintain Council property in a habitable state and to ensure curtailment growth of the informal settlements
- Manage operational process, overall planning, organising, monitoring and controlling resources to achieve specific goals to maintain Council property in a habitable state
- Manage Council residential property and hostels in the CCA to improve and normalize hostels living environment and to maintain Council property in a habitable state
- Coordinate and monitor land invasion management to ensure curtailment growth of the informal settlements
- Establish, implement and manage operational governance and risk management processes in the context of organisational policy to ensure necessary compliance with necessary legislative provisions
- Manage the development and implementation of the budget with the customer care area to ensure efficiency and effective utilisation of resources
- Provide effective customer service to the public and build relationships with the stakeholders to ensure responsiveness to responding to the public’s needs and ensure that the citizen or public are satisfied
- Build and sustain relationships with decision makers and interest groups in support of divisional objectives to ensure a performance driven section and achieve the division’s objective
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to apply using an online application form attached to the advertisement on the website of the City of Ekurhuleni (www.ekurhuleni.gov.za) or the intranet (for internal staff).
Enquiries: Tel: (011) 999 7789/7785/7845
Please attach CV to the online application once completed.
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right not to appoint.
Closing date: 2018/06/21