The Overberg District Municipality have the following vacancies in the Directorate Community Services, Department Emergency Services, to be filled as soon as possible.
LEARNER FIRE FIGHTER
- (2x GRABOUW)
- (1x CALEDON)
- Grade 12
- Valid code B driver’s licence
- Must comply with medical fitness and physical fitness
- Applicants must be literate in at least two of the three Official Languages of the Western Cape
- The incumbent is responsible for the operational functions with regard to fire fighting and rescue
- Daily maintenance and cleaning of equipment and vehicles
Remuneration: (T6 = R129 168 – R167 688 per annum) plus the normal fringe benefits of a Local Authority.
Basic Salary: R103 037 p.a. • Ref. SS 82/12
Job Purpose:Successfully complete the required training for Fire Fighters, namely Fire Fighter 1, Hazmat Awareness and First Aid level 3.
Requirements: ♦ Grade 12 qualification (Mathematics and Physical Science preferred) ♦ 18 years or older ♦ Must not suffer from fear of confined spaces or heights ♦ Must be physically fit ♦ Previous experience in a fire-related industry would be advantageous ♦ Ability to work in a team and cope with stressful situations.
Note: Candidates need to pass a physical assessment comprising of the following: Reach test, 2.4 km run, bench press, sit-ups, fire fighters lift, ladder climb and claustrophobia test. Candidates must also pass a written assessment (maths and comprehension), behavioural assessment and medical evaluation PRIOR to appointment.
Special conditions attached to the post: Non-permanent contract position for duration of training ♦ candidates will advance to permanent Learner Fire Fighter position on successful completion of the training programme ♦ required to wear a uniform.
How to Apply
To be considered for these positions and participate in the assessments, applicants must follow the instructions as detailed below:
|If your surname starts with||On||Report to||Bring Along|
|A, B, C, D or E||3 Dec 2012||53 Berkley Road,Ndabeni (old abattoirs premises)by 08:00|| ♦ Original ID Document|
♦ Certified copy of ID document
♦ Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate
♦ PT clothes
|F, G, H, I, J or K||4 Dec 2012|
|L, M or N||5 Dec 2012|
|O, P, Q, R or S||6 Dec 2012|
|T, U, V, W, X, Y or Z||7 Dec 2012|
No correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applicants or with third parties.
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three months of the closing date.
- Please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
How to Apply
Application forms are available at all ODM offices. Completed application forms and/or CV with certified copies of required documents, are to be returned to the Human Resources Section, Private Bag X22, Bredasdorp 7280. Applications with no proof of requirements will not be processed.
For any inquiries in this regard you can phone Miss. S. Mkapheni on 028 4251157