Position: Head (Office of the Speaker) (5 year fixed term contract)
Division: Office of the Speaker
Salary: R758 816 – R984 989 per annum (TCTC)
- Plan, organize, direct and control departmental support practices, ensuring compliance with the organisational administration practices and Local Government Acts
- Create context, implement and drive execution of the operational plans for the office to ensure an overall support services operational strategy and plan
- Coordinate, prioritize, direct, control and enhance resources to produce results and meet operational objectives and goals to ensure optimum and effective attainment of operational goals
- Liaise with different stakeholders to ensure effective communication with stakeholders in the office of the Speaker
- Provide management of human resources in the Speaker’s Office to ensure proper, sound management and administration of the human resources function
- Establish, implement and manage operational governance and risk management processes in the context of organisational policy
- Compile budget and implement to ensure cost effective utilization of resources and accurate reporting on the budget
- Manage the administration and archiving to ensure easy access, reliability and safe keeping of the system
- Degree in Public Administration / Business Administration or relevant equivalent NQF Level 7 qualification
- Knowledge of MFMA
- Local Government experience
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar environment
Enquiries: Tel: 0860 54 3000; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful.
The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right not to appoint.
: South Africa-Gauteng-Corporate
: LEG-Speaker’s Office