Old Mutual is Hiring
Employee Relations Intern
Joining this Practice within Central Human Capital will be a great opportunity for you as the size of the company and the complexity of the business will afford you the space and platform to gain real-world experience in employee relations, whilst working in an agile and dynamic environment.
As an Intern within the Industrial Relations field you will be exposed to the following:
- managing the ER calendar in respect of the engagement forums;
- assisting with secretariat functions in respect of the engagement forums;
- communicating dates to unions and internal stakeholders;
- be responsible for union administration related functions;
- organizing venues and be well acquainted with meeting requirements
- support the ER team with any adhoc requests
You must meet the following criteria:
- Degree in Human Resources & Law or a LLB.
- Must be a South African citizen under the age of 27.
- Have achieved a minimum 65% average in your final year (across your major subjects).
How to Apply
Apply Online for the Old Mutual: Employee Relations Internship programme 2020
NB: Do not pay for any job placement, a job cannot be sold. The job has to pay you not the other way round. Here are some tips for you to identify jobs that are not real. HOW TO SEE IF A JOB IS A SCAM/FAKE Below are ten tips to see if a job is a scam. Note that on this website we do not post such kind of jobs. 1.They Use Personal/free email instead of company email. , e.g: (hotmail. gmail, webmail, yahoo, mail e.t.c). Sometime their email will say Eskom@gmail.com, Transnet@webmail.com or Netcare@yahoo.com. The companies mail should say Eg firstname.lastname@example.org, recruitment@Transnet.com or Mothobi@Netcare.co.za it can’t be eskom@gmail it must be statement them after @ is name of company not before @
2. They Use Personal Cell Number Instead of a Land-line/company tell (e.g. 073, 082. 061. 060 e.t.c) Companies use 011, 021, 041, 057, 031 ETC.
3. They Need Upfront fee for the job placement (e.g. pay R120 for your Job placement or Test) company needs you not other way round so they can’t ask for money why can’t they take it from your salary when they hire you? Even recruitment agency are paid by companies that require people.
4.They Rent CBD Flats for their interviews and fake tests , (e.g. what house commissioner street johannesburg flat/Floor no.22)
5. They require many people to Apply (e.g 100 people needed to work at call centre immediately) and requirements are simple that almost everyone qualify
6. They always have many different fake fields for everyone (Drivers, Cleaners, Call Centre, Nanny, Security Jobs e.t.c)
7. Their Job Posts are always : With or Without Qualifications/Experience
8. Some uses SMS Like : sms CLEAN to 4392 (This is just an example) or Comment with Yes or Phone Numbers
9. They Frequently Advertise the same Job Ad throughout the year
10. Their Job Content has less information and don’t have Application End Date/ Closing Date. So, be warned and be cautious when you see jobs like these and never pay for a job, your job has to pay you. Thank you