The South African Nursery Association (SANA) was founded in 1947 as a non-profit organisation, with the aim of representing the interests of the green/ nursery industry. SANA now also represents the ABSTA (Allied, Bulb & Seed Trade Association), GCA (Garden Centre Association), and the BPGA (Bedding Plant Growers Association).
SANA initiated the bursary programme to help students pursuing their studies in the Horticulture/ Horticultural Science field.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Horticultural Science (BSc/ BSc (Hons) MSc/ Ph.D Agric degrees)
- Horticulture (National Diploma/ Higher Diploma)
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Completed Matric,
- Studying in one of the aforementioned fields of study,
- Passed and completed at least 3 first year subjects.
HOW TO APPLY
The latest application form can be downloaded from: http://www.sana.co.za/bursaries-training/bursaries-training.html OR http://www.sana.co.za/bursaries-training/
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Full academic results record (on tertiary letterhead),
- Proof of registration in one the aforementioned fields of study (on tertiary letterhead).
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fax: 086 580 9793
Please note: applicants will undergo an interview process in January of the following year.
31 December annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
The Bursary Administrator: Catherine Scholtz
Tel: 072 994 5368
Fax: 086 718 7268
Post: PO Box 514, Halfway House, 1685
See Also : Learnerships : Bursaries : Apprenticeships : Traineeships : and Internships Available Now