DoC Government have various entry level positions start at Matric / Grade 12 level. These vacancies range form a Driver position to Secretary and Clerk. Closing the 17th of February 2020.
DRIVER REF NO: HO 2020/01/42
- Grade 12. Three (3) years’ experience in driving.
- Completion of an advanced driver’s course will be an advantage.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Competencies and Attributes: Plan and organize. Punctuality. Confidentiality. Understanding of Public Service policy and legislative framework.
- Service delivery and client orientation. Integrity and honesty. Assertiveness.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good interpersonal relations.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Knowledge of government regulations relating to transport
Directorates: Pre-Release Resettlement Ref No: HO 2020/01/35
Information Management Ref No: HO 2020/01/36
Psychological Services Ref No: HO 2020/01/37
Collective Bargaining Ref No: HO 2020/01/38
Specialised Audit Ref No: HO 2020/01/39
Legal Contract Management Ref No: HO 2020/01/40
Office of the DC HR Management Ref No: HO 2020/01/41
- Grade 12 with typing as a subject or any other training course or qualification that will enable the person to perform the work satisfactorily.
- Computer literate.
- Competencies and Attributes: Honesty and integrity.
- Attention to detail. Plan and organize. Punctuality and confidentiality.
- Service delivery and client orientation.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to coordinate and organize work related tasks.
- Good telephone etiquette.
- High level of reliability.
- Ability to act with tact and discretion.
CLERK: STORES REF NO: HO 2020/01/34
- Grade 12.
- Knowledge in LOGIS or related experience in a comparable environment will be added advantage.
- Computer literate.
- Competencies and Attributes: Knowledge of PFMA and Treasury Regulations.
- Knowledge of supply chain management framework. Communication skills.
- Client orientation and customer focus.
- Problem solving and analysis. Service delivery innovation. Decision making.
- People management and empowerment. Integrity and honesty.
- Confidentiality. Good interpersonal relations. Understanding of public service policy and legislative framework
- Knowledge of government procurement processes.
- Assertiveness. Ability to network and diplomacy.
APPLICATIONS : All applications must be submitted to: National Head Office: Department of Correctional Services, Post Advertisement Section, Private Bag X136, Pretoria, 0001 OR hand deliver at: 124 WF Nkomo Street, Poyntons Building, Cnr WF Nkomo and Sophie De Bruyn Street, Pretoria, 0001 (Previous: Cnr Church and Schubart Street). CLOSING DATE : 17 February 2020 @ 15h45
NOTE : Applications must be submitted on form Z83 (Public Service Application form), obtainable from any Public Service Department, and must be completed in full. Applications must be accompanied by a CV, copies of qualifications, identity document and valid driver’s license.
Please Note: All copies attached must be certified a true copy of the original and not older than six months.
Please send a separate and complete application for each post you apply for, stating the correct reference for each position you are interested in.
Faxed and e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Candidates must comply with the minimum appointment requirements.
Note: Before you apply: All costs associated with an application will be borne by the applicant.
The Department of Correctional Services is an equal opportunity employer.
The Department will take into consideration the objectives of Section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996 (Act 108 of 1996) and the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act 55 of 1998) in filling of these vacancies.
It is our intention to promote representivity in respect of race, gender and disability through the filling of these positions.
In support of this strategy, applicants need to indicate race, gender and disability status on the application form/CV. Applicants who have retired from the Public Service with a specific determination that they cannot be re-appointed or have been declared medically unfit will not be considered. Please take note that correspondence will only be conducted with the shortlisted candidates.
If you have not been contacted within three (3) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application is unsuccessful. Please do not call the department to enquire about the progress of your application.
The Department of Correctional Services reserves the right not to fill any of these advertised posts. CV’s should be aligned to reflect one’s degree of compliance with the advert requirements and responsibilities.
It is the sole responsibility of an applicant to ensure that their application reaches DCS before 17 February 2020 @ 15h45. Indicate the reference number and position you are applying for on your application form (Z83) and post your complete application to the relevant address.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL CURRENT VACANCIESOpportunity Closing Date: Monday, February 17, 2020Opportunity is closing in 8 daysArticle Category: Government JobsCompany Offering the Opportunity: Department of Correctional ServicesOpportunity available in: Eastern Cape / Free State / Gauteng / KwaZulu-Natal / Limpopo / Mpumalanga / North West / Northern Cape / Western CapeTags: driver jobsclerk jobssecretary jobslooking for workpuff and pass